As a building partner of Homes for Our Troops, we are given the plans for a home designed to meet its owner’s specific needs. We donate our time and resources for the project and work to find subcontractors and suppliers willing to do the same. This keeps costs down and allows Homes for Our Troops to extend their resources to help even more veterans.
We installed a number of accessibility features in Jason Hallett’s home, many of which would also work well in a home designed for aging in place. These include:
- Full wheelchair accessibility (ADA compliant) with roll-under capability in the kitchen and master bathroom
- Ceiling track-mounted lift system to connect the master bedroom with the master bathroom
- Automatic-open exterior doors with zero-step entries
- Curbless showers
- Pull-out shelves in the kitchen cabinets
- Backup generator for an assured power supply