For many across Northern Colorado, making eco-friendly choices is an important consideration across all aspects of life. When sustainability is a driving factor of your lifestyle, you look for ways to minimize the carbon footprint you leave on the planet from the smallest consideration, such as recycling, through to the biggest one, such as building an eco-friendly custom home. If you’re looking to build a home that is environmentally friendly, NoCO Custom Homes is committed to crafting a home that will fulfill your dreams in every way possible. Whether you’re focused on sustainable materials or you’re interested in the financial benefits of energy-efficient components, our goal will be to build a home that respects the environment.
Reasons To Build An Eco-Friendly Home
Going green with the construction and design of your home has a number of worthwhile advantages. By using materials and processes that are energy-efficient, sustainable, or recycled you can:
- Reduce the impact made on the environment
- Reduce the amount of energy your home consumes
- Lower the amount of work and costs of required maintenance
- Improve indoor air quality and protect the health of your family
- Save time during construction by sourcing locally available materials
- Save money on both material costs and utility bills
- Increase resale value with the growing demand for green homes
Ways To Build An Eco-Friendly Custom Home
There are several benefits to an eco-friendly home and several ways to ensure your custom home in Fort Collins is built as sustainable as possible such as:
- Utilizing Reclaimed Materials: Repurposed or salvaged materials and recycled products such as reclaimed wood or composite decking will keep waste out of landfills, save energy and resources in the production of new products, and save gas emissions by limiting shipments over great distances.
- Incorporating Smart Thermostats, Appliances, and Lighting: By providing more precise control, smart technology significantly improves energy efficiency by managing your use of heating, cooling, and electricity throughout your home.
- Selecting High-Quality Windows: You’d be amazed how much energy you can save by simply investing in Energy Star-rated windows with higher insulation and tighter seals.
- Upgrading To Energy-Efficient HVAC System: A significant amount of your home’s energy costs go towards heating and cooling your home. With an upgraded furnace, air conditioner, and duct system you can improve airflow, lower energy use, and reduce energy losses.
- Adding Extra Insulation: Proper insulation in your home’s walls, floors, ceilings, and basements will substantially reduce the amount of heat or cool air that is lost improving the performance of your HVAC system.
- Investing In Renewable Energy: Installing solar panels will lower electricity consumption while providing a versatile and renewable energy source for your home and reducing carbon emissions to the environment.
- Selecting Environmentally-Conscious Finishes: In this day and age, there are eco-friendly options for nearly everything. From paint to flooring, you can find finishes and fixtures that will support an environmentally conscious design.
Contact us today to learn more about building your own eco-friendly custom home. We are happy to discuss the processes we have in place along with any ideas you may have to ensure your custom home in Northern Colorado is built to protect the environment.