Located an hour north of Denver and next door to the beautiful Rocky Mountains, the cities of Northern Colorado have quickly become some of the most sought-after communities in the state. At NoCO Custom Homes, we love Northern Colorado (hence the name!) and know you would too. If you’re looking to build your dream home but are having a hard time choosing where to live in Northern Colorado, here are just a few of our favorite things about our favorite cities to build in.
Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live, Fort Collins has something for every lifestyle. Fort Collins is a vibrant, growing city with a wide array of opportunities for people of all ages and walks of life, not to mention one of the strongest housing markets in the state.
With so much to offer from diversity in culture to beautiful views, building a custom home in Fort Collins gives you access to:
- Friendly, family-focused community that is enthusiastic and supportive of local businesses
- Variety of recreational activities from parks and open spaces to hiking, biking, golfing and so much more
- Short drive to picturesque Horsetooth Reservoir for fishing, boating, stand-up paddleboarding, and kayaking through to camping and horseback riding.
- Health-conscious community with countless opportunities to help you focus on health, wellness, and fitness
- Lively and eclectic social scene with endless options for restaurants, bars or breweries, shopping, music, or the arts
- Strong public and private schools along with great sports programs, after-school care, and extracurricular activities
- Colorado State University located at the heart of the city
Aptly known as the Sweetheart City, Loveland is famous for its Valentine’s Day celebration, but it’s also known for attracting families at all stages of life. Located between Denver and Fort Collins, Loveland offers that small-town feel with all the commodities of a bigger city.
Whether you’re looking for the urban feel of the city or the openness of the country, building a custom home in Loveland connects you to:
- Art-centered community with nationally acclaimed sculptures, fine art, and public art found throughout
- Great school system, kid-friendly indoor attractions, outdoor activities, and over 25 city parks for the whole family to enjoy
- Small, but growing downtown with restaurants, shops, and businesses in addition to increasing number of craft breweries
- Boyd Lake State Park for camping, swimming, boating, fishing, paddle boarding, and more all within city limits
- Devil’s Backbone where beautiful views pair perfectly for hikers and mountain bikers of all skill levels
- Short drive to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park to enjoy the beauty of the Colorado mountains without having to go far
- Calendar packed with community favorite annual events such as the Fire and Ice Festival, Sweetheart Festival, July 4th celebration, Corn Roast Festival, Oktoberfest, and Winter Wonderlights
Originally a small agricultural and farming community, Timnath is quickly becoming one of Northern Colorado’s most desired areas to live in. Located just southeast of Fort Collins, Timnath offers the perfect place for people who want to get away from the city, but not be too far away from city life.
If you’re looking for a place to call home, building a custom home in Timnath would also provide you with:
- Booming housing market where your home will not only hold its value but is likely to increase
- Growing family-oriented city expanding with neighborhoods and high-rated public schools
- Increasing number of local businesses, retail, restaurant, and offices space moving in creating a positive impact on the economy
- Enthusiastic Town of Timnath events focused on celebrated town history and culture along with its residents such as Taste in Timnath, Summer All Town BBQ, 4th of July, and Winter Wonderland
- Easy access to the best in Colorado outdoor recreation such as hiking in open spaces, 4 miles of trails at nearby Arapaho Bend Natural Area, rafting on the Cache la Poudre River, and fishing, boating, or swimming at Timnath Reservoir exclusive to Timnath residents
- Close proximity to Fort Collins, Loveland, and Greeley for anything not offered in town
- Peaceful community built around open spaces and historic farms with beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains
What was once a small overlooked town in Northern Colorado has transformed into one of the fastest-growing towns in the state. Despite its growth, Windsor has held on to the alluring qualities of a small town and remained a close-knit community.
A number of our clients have chosen to build custom homes in Windsor because the area gives them their dream home in addition to:
- Living in a community continually ranked as one of the Best Places To Live in Colorado and One of the Best Places to Raise A Family in Colorado
- Quaint, popular, and high-quality local businesses, boutiques, restaurants, breweries, coffee shops and more
- Beautifully maintained parks and open spaces to enjoy over 300 days of sunshine in the outdoors
- Boardwalk Park at Windsor Lake, hugely popular areas for community events, picnics, hiking, walking, fishing, sports, dogs, and more
- Access to award-winning public school systems including Windsor, Poudre, and Thompson RJ-2 in addition to fantastic STEM and charter schools
- Local events catered to the community to encourage and cultivate that small-town character including the Summer Concert Series, Movies in the Park, 4th of July celebration, Oktoberfest, and Windsor Wonderland
- Ideal location in close proximity to popular Northern Colorado areas, rural communities, and more
NoCO Custom Homes specializes in these communities and several others throughout Northern Colorado. Whether you’re looking to build a home in Fort Collins, Loveland, Timnath, Windsor or the neighboring cities of Severance, Johnstown, or Berthoud, our goal is to help you feel at home in your community. Contact us today to learn more about any of our favorite NoCO cities.