Top 5 Kitchen Storage Solutions
It’s no secret the kitchen is the heart of the home. It is where family usually collects, delicious meals are made and where a lot of bonding time can be had.
The kitchen also houses a lot of items, and due to this, is one of the largest storage areas in a home. We have seen kitchens change immensely over the years, from simple cabinets and drawers to well thought out pantries and clever storage to hide appliances and items that sit on counter tops. We have created a list of our top five custom kitchen add-ons we prefer!
- Create a charging station – The kitchen seems to quickly become the organization hub for digital devices. Keep all of the plugs, outlets and devices out of the way by creating a charging station slickly hidden behind a cabinet or in a drawer.
- Conceal appliances – If you’re looking for a clean and streamlined look in your home, try adding panels to cover appliances like the dishwasher, refrigerator or microwave. These should still be easily reached but hiding these features will help your kitchen to appear more cohesive and simplified.
- Define the zones – Think in terms of prepping and cleanup zones when planning your kitchen. Do you really want your cleanup sink to be in the island filled with dirty dishes? Put the prep sink on the island and tuck the cleanup sink out of the way.
- Get creative with storage – Think about what you have a lot of: storage lids, pots/pans, wine, spices, etc. Make a list and let’s come up with creative ways to organize these items. Building in storage racks, spice drawers, wine cabinets within the kitchen or bar areas are all simple additions that help make your kitchen organized!
- Light up your space – Motion sensor lights can make your spaces even easier to work in as you literally won’t have to think about a thing when you enter a room. From floor to cabinetry lighting, this relatively small detail can make a huge impact.